Sunday, August 23, 2009

A visit to the Boca Raton Museum of Art


This week I had the wonderful opportunity to finally visit the Boca Raton Museum of Art.
The 58th All Florida Annual show is still up until the 30th of the month and  I met up with Kelli Bodle of the curatorial staff who showed me around this spectacular show.
I loved the architecture and light.

Here are some images from that day:


 
aaa
 
Main room with my friend, Jean Blakburn's piece on the far left.

Jean Blackburn, Myakka series # 113

 
My 2 pieces, 
The Road Traveled and We are Burning.
Photo Encaustic
22" x 22"

Other artists I liked:

 
Miles Loventhall
The Wall 2007
Paper Resin on aged steel
41" x53""x4"

Jeff Olsen
Everglades Restoration
Digital Photograph
24" x 29"

1 comment:

  1. So glad you could visit, Elena. It is always such a pleasure to be able to meet with the artists. We'll hope for your submission again next year, and congratulations on the Merit Award.

    - Kelli Bodle

    ReplyDelete